Maintain Your Home
If you are a Habitat homeowner and have been in your house for less than a year, you may qualify for help on your home repair needs from Wichita Habitat for Humanity.
- There is a one-year warranty on all new construction done by Habitat. This warranty excludes damage resulting from wear and tear.
- There is also a one-year warranty on all subcontracted work such as plumbing, electrical, and heating and cooling.
WARRANTY REQUEST PROCESS:
- If a problem arises within the one-year warranty period involving work done by Habitat, the homeowner must submit a Warranty Request Form to the General Contractor. File a warranty request online or call the Program office at 316-269-0755.
- The issue must be addressed by the General Contractor within seven days and will be followed by a written agreement detailing the solution and date by which the problem will be fixed.
- If the General Contractor does not address a warranty issue within the allotted amount of time, the homeowner should contact the Program Director. The Program Director will review the actions taken by the General Contractor and a response will be issued to the homeowner.
Remember, in order for the problem to be properly addressed, you must submit a Warranty Request Form. If there is a problem with subcontracted work, the subcontractor is to be contacted directly by the homeowner. Check your Homeowner User Guides and Warranty Notebook and walk through documentation for subcontractor information specific to your home.
To protect yourself from extensive costs following damages to your home and property you will want to have replacement homeowner’s insurance coverage. Insurance can protect your belongings inside the home, the home itself and may even cover the costs of hotel bills if you are ever displaced from your home. You have the control over which insurance company you use and some control over how much it will cost you. Good credit will pay off when you are looking for new insurance premiums so make sure you stay on top of your finances. *An insurance broker will negotiate with the various insurance companies to get you the best deal.
If you have questions about your insurance or are looking to find new insurance the following agents and agencies are being offered as suggestions and are not supported or preferred by Wichita Habitat for Humanity, Inc. or Habitat for Humanity, International.
William D Jones Agency
Agent: Dickie Grier
Farmers Insurance Group
USAA (for military veterans only
Marquez Insurance Agency (broker)
Eck Agency (broker)
State Farm-Paul H Brucks Agency
Jose Cruz Sosa