Home Repair Program
Wichita Habitat for Humanity’s Home Repair Program partners with qualified homeowners to assist with a variety of projects, from larger-scale exterior repairs to smaller-scale energy efficiency upgrades. Our programs range from grant-funded options to zero-interest loans based on income. The purpose of this program is to help homeowners maintain their homes and to keep the community thriving.
Click this link to read about a homeowner who was served by our program.
Types of Repairs
- Roof, gutter, and siding repair or replacement
- Exterior doors and window repair or replacement
- Plumbing, electrical and HVAC repair or replacement
- Tree hazards and site cleanup
- Accessibility modifications
- All repairs must meet Wichita Habitat’s Minimum Housing Quality Standard
What we DON'T Do
- Cosmetic repairs
- Building additions
- Emergency repairs
- Large structural repair
- Zero Interest Loans
- Sliding scale for grant and/or loan based on Income
- Pay Installments (1-15 years) instead of all at once
- Get started by filling out the pre-application at the bottom of the page
- A completed Home Repair Program Application (Additional application for other combined programs may be required)
- Must provide formal, verifiable proof of current income. Check stubs, SSI, pension, child support, alimony, etc.
- Copy of homeowner’s insurance or recent denial letter (within 90 days) from insurance company with explanation of denial. (may be eligible)
- Copy of Identification for everyone in the household.
- Elderly, disabled, and veterans strongly encouraged to apply
- Must be a homeowner
- Household income should not exceed 100% of area median income (AMI)
- Must be current on mortgage payments, property taxes, and utilities and have homeowners insurance
- Demonstrate the ability to repay all or part of a no interest loan
- Willingness to partner with Habitat minimum of 4 hours sweat equity (sweat equity will be based on the size of the project
- Show need for repair using Housing Quality Standards
- Allow us to do a whole house assessment and show a need for repair using our Housing Quality Standards
|Household Size||Below 35% Area Median Income||35-60% Area Median Income||61-80% Area Median Income||81-100% Area Median Income|
|Repayment Amount||$150 Processing Fee||25% Repayment Required||40% Repayment Required||100% Repayment Required|
Please fill out this intake form to see if you might qualify. You will be contacted soon. Thank you.