Community Housing Resources

ASSISTANCE AND RELIEF If you have fallen behind on rent or are facing eviction, here are some agencies and resources that might be helpful:

  • United Way of the Plains has 211, a 24-hour helpline if you need assistance. Dial 2-1-1 to talk with a call specialist or text your ZIP code to 898-211.
  • Center of HopeEmergency rent and utility assistance to those in danger of being evicted or having utilities shut off. Click here for details
  • Wichita Salvation Army: Utility assistance call 211. In danger of becoming homeless or already unhoused call the Emergency Homeless Services Intake Office at (316) 263-2196
  • United Methodist Open Door: Call (316) 265-9371
  • Catholic Charities: Call for an appointment (316) 264-8344 ext 4109
  • HumanKind Ministries: Homeless shelters. Also, low-income apartments. Click here for details or call (316) 264-9303
  • Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas: Offers assistance to those who live with mental illness: apartments, shared housing, senior housing, etc. Call (316) 652-2590